How to test Accrual

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
NCANTech

How to test Accrual

Post by NCANTech »

Hello, I'm not an HR or payroll person at all. I'm actually in IT but I'm attempting to test TimeTrex for a client as their current attendance software is no longer supported.

The main thing they need this program to do is to track vacation accrual.

I've installed the software, went through the wizard, and then went through the Initial Setup Guide on the TimeTrex website.

Finally, we arrive at my question:

I'm attempting to test if I've set up accruals properly and make sure they will actually do what the company wants. How can I take a look into the future and see if accruals are accruing for the employees?

I've gone through Report-->TimeSheet Reports-->Accrual Balance Summary but I can't even get any employee names to show up no matter what I select. Can you view the future in TimeTrex, or does it not work because they haven't logged in and out for all those future shifts?

Sorry, hopefully my question makes sense. Any time someone asks about accruals on here they mostly get pointed to the guide, which I've read a lot, but the guide just explains what different terms mean, there isn't really (so far as I can find) tutorial or instructions on how to use.
shaunw

Re: How to test Accrual

Post by shaunw »

I've gone through Report-->TimeSheet Reports-->Accrual Balance Summary but I can't even get any employee names to show up no matter what I select. Can you view the future in TimeTrex, or does it not work because they haven't logged in and out for all those future shifts?
Future accruals don't appear in any report, only accrual records that have already occurred appear in reports.

However when entering absences or submitting a request related to calendar based accruals, TimeTrex will show projected future balances up to the date of the absence.
NCANTech

Post by NCANTech »

Thank you very much! So I'm not going crazy, I'm just crazily trying to do something the program can't do.

I think I understand your second point too, because at one point I gave an employee 3 hours of time accrued and I was able to get that to show up on reports but nothing else.

There's a decent chance they might end up going with the paid version anyways, which I believe has a more accrual features as well as support. I guess I should just stop messing around with it since I'm not fully understanding it anyway.

To summarise: TimeTrex Community (and the paid version) can handle accruals quite well, yes? They were sad to lose their very old and outdated software because it handed accruals so well apparently.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

NCANTech wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:20 pm To summarise: TimeTrex Community (and the paid version) can handle accruals quite well, yes?
Yes.