cannot process transactions during process payroll

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
bobloblian

cannot process transactions during process payroll

Post by bobloblian »

Hi Gurus,

My system recently upgraded to version 15. Very pretty, thank you for your hard work!!

I have just done my first payroll processing since the upgrade, all went well up to the process transactions (step 8 of 9). Once I am here, I am presented with a popup box with the green check and red x. I click the green check, a few seconds later I am presented with the black box with the spinny distraction and it pretty much instantly disappears, and no download dialogue is presented as happened in the old interface. If I click the green check again, sometimes I get the little black box, but mostly I don't.

I note I can change the numbers in last and next, I have tried incrementing each by 1, but that didn't change the behaviour. Not sure where to find if these numbers are accurate or need to be changed, but they seem reasonable values to me.

In the apache logs, nothing is showing up in the error logs unless I go to debug mode, and then it is nothing relevant. I can see in the access log that it calls /interface/send_file.php a few times, so looks like it is trying to do something.

The timetrex logs show an entry when I click the green check and appears to attempt to send an email to errors@timetrex.com, but that fails for some reason. I don't find any particularly helpful error message, I do find this: "unauthenticatedInvokeService(): Handling UNAUTHENTICATED JSON Call To API Factory:" but it says later in the line it is related to sendErrorReport, so I think that is less about the actual error and more about the failure to send the message?

So the short of it is that I don't find anything I can do to get the transactions processed.

If I click the red X, I can proceed to step 9, but if I try and close the pay period I get an error to the effect of not being able to set the pay stubs to paid.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to proceed fixing this?
bobloblian

Re: cannot process transactions during process payroll

Post by bobloblian »

FWIW, I tried clearing cache and cookies in my browser, but it didn't help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please see the following FAQ on how to provide more diagnostic information:
viewtopic.php?t=89
bobloblian

Post by bobloblian »

Ohh, more fanciness, that page has changed since I last looked.

Steps have been completed:
354b38
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The error is definitely strange, I would recommend trying to perform the upgrade to v15.0 once more to make sure all your files are properly updated. This is not uninstalling and reinstalling, its simply performing the upgrade again.

You can do this by running the following command, after you correct it of course:

Code: Select all

php /var/www/time.<your domain here>/tools/unattended_upgrade.php -ff
Once completely, logout of TimeTrex, clear your browser cache/cookies, and try it again.
bobloblian

Post by bobloblian »

Thank you so much for looking into this.

Logging out of timetrex

running upgrade:
su time -c "/usr/bin/php ./tools/unattended_upgrade.php"
Already running latest version: 15.0.0

Logging into timetrex, processing payroll, processing transactions...

Same symptoms.

Do you want me to upload another diagnostic to be sure it is the same?
bobloblian

Post by bobloblian »

merr, didn't see the -ff flags, standby while I do that again.
bobloblian

Post by bobloblian »

You are geniuses, totally worked. Thank you!!!!