Multiple companys on one server

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
moshelakin

Multiple companys on one server

Post by moshelakin »

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have multiple companys setup on the same server and just change the port number or something. I currently am only in a testing phase but need to get everything worked out before urchasing and going live. I currently have 2, possible up to 4 EIN's that all use the same server infrastructure and at least 2 of them would probably start using this system. How do I setup multiple companys on the same server? I am using this on a Server2008R2 box and already have the system setup over SSL using a self signed certificate. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
shaunw

Re: Multiple companys on one server

Post by shaunw »

The TimeTrex windows installer does not support multiple installations on the same server. Its not as simple as just changing a port, since there are multiple services that all need to be coordinated and its not a use-case that makes sense given better alternatives. Additionally Windows Server 2008R2 is past its end-of-life and no longer supported by Microsoft or TimeTrex, so we highly recommend that you install TimeTrex on a supported operating system instead.

TimeTrex Professional Edition or higher does support multiple companies within the same installation though, and/or multiple legal entities (EINs) within the same company.

If you are considering purchasing TimeTrex, we don't recommend starting with the Community Edition of TimeTrex, as its not the same product as the paid editions and therefore you will be creating more work for yourself. Not only that but you won't have access to support during the most critical time (initial setup) of the software life-cycle. Additionally if you have multiple installations of TimeTrex, they must all be purchased separately greatly increasing the cost (volume discounts don't apply across installations) and complexity compared to a single installation with multiple companies.