Moving TimeTrex from one PC to another

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
muthus101

Moving TimeTrex from one PC to another

Post by muthus101 »

Greetings Everyone,

My surface book has issues with battery and that is making screen to bulge and may go pop. I would like to know if there is a easier way to move it to another PC . I spent hours to configure this one and appreciate any pointers to make it easier.
linuxturtle

Re: Moving TimeTrex from one PC to another

Post by linuxturtle »

Does nobody other than me run the server on a linux box? I can't find any instructions, or any scripts to backup/restore the database and config on linux (debian 11, installed from the .deb package if it matters). Only the windows-specific instructions in the FAQ, which reference the non-existent-on-linux scripts. How does one go about migrating to a new server?
shaunw

Re: Moving TimeTrex from one PC to another

Post by shaunw »

Due to the differences of each Linux distribution and version of such, we do not have specific instructions on how to migrate TimeTrex from one server to another. We have those on Windows only when our specific installer is used, therefore the instructions are consistent across all Windows versions.

In general, the procedure on Linux is the same as Windows, however its up to you to handle the backup/restore of the database itself. There are many tutorials specific to each Linux distribution that explain this procedure available with a quick google search.