support

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
betti45

support

Post by betti45 »

hello , we are having problem with our timetrex ,
-1) we can't see the pay stub ( we did you few questions in forum like "arcolen").,
2 ) also for example the total of over time in the time sheet is not well .,
3 ) also task of maintenance don´t work well..,
you told us a price/hour for phone support , but it result us expensive and also you didn´t tell us how many time it will take..?,
-so i would like to know if there is any other possible more cheap, like: send you our database by email, and you can check it and repair it ..?
i hope hear from you as soon as posible,
thank you very much,
Bettina
from argentina
beti from argentina
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately sending us your database is unlikely to help solve the problem, as it could be something wrong outside the database.

If I recall from your posts as a different user in our forum, the same database worked in Windows, so that would seem to rule out the database as being the problem.
betti45

support

Post by betti45 »

certainly you was wrinting in the forum with my assistant like "arcolen",and iam the owner of the company so i write as in a different user , and we are talking about the same database that was working first in windows, very slowly and also did few times the same errors that i told you before ., then we install linux , and timetrex run more fast but the errors continuos , then my assintant try the same database in other computer with windows and he says that the pay stub there work well..,
you know we start trying time trex in august 08 , and i like it very much and iam thinking in buy a completly version , but of course if it run well and also if i can configure completly for argentine legislation.., so i am very worry now , and i would like to know :
-for wich operative system is it ? for windows ? or for linux ?
-it run indistinctly with mysql or with posgree ?
-how many time take a full installation of time trex ?
if you confirm me that you will repair my timetrex by a phone support , i will buy it but also i would like to know how much time do you estimate it will take ? and how can i do to pay and coordinate with you ?
sinceraly,
Bettina
beti from argentina
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex runs equally as well on Linux or Windows, with MySQL and PostgreSQL. Each operating system and database has their advantages and disadvantages though. Windows is usually a little slower then Linux, and MySQL is often less reliable then PostgreSQL.

If at all possible we recommend using our automated installer to install TimeTrex, which will install everything for you, including PostgreSQL, which is the database that we recommend using whenever possible, simply because it is much more reliable then MySQL.

If you continue to have problems installing TimeTrex, we also offer our On-Demand service where no software installation is necessary at all. Our On-Demand service is extremely affordable, and may even be less expensive then purchasing telephone support. All of our pricing is available at our Online Store.
betti45

support

Post by betti45 »

-now we have our database in mysql if we reinstall time trex with your automated installer , how we can do to migrate the information to posgree ?, do you think it will resolve our errors ?
-time trex es multicompany ?
-if i don´t buy on-demand version:
*can i will configure for example 2 different users from a remote acces ? how ?
* in what king of hosting can i get up ?
thanks,
Bettina
beti from argentina
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We currently don't have a way to migrate data from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

TimeTrex Business Edition does support multiple companies.
betti45

Business EDITION ON DEMAND

Post by betti45 »

HELLO WE CONTINUOS HAVING PROBLEN TO VIEW THE PAY STUB, SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW:
IF A BUY YOU BUSINESS EDITION , FOR EXAMPLE :
- CAN I WILL CUSTOMIZE THE PAY STUB ?
- IF POSIBLE TO MIGRATE THE ACTUAL INFORMATION THAT I HAVE IN MY DATABASE TIME TREX IN MYSGL OR IN POSTGRESQL ?
I HOPE HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSIBLE,
THANK YOU,
BETTINA
beti from argentina
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The Payroll Module in TimeTrex Standard Edition is identical to that of the Business Edition. The Business Edition of TimeTrex is primarily designed to support additional hardware devices for employees to more efficiently punch in/out.

Unfortunately we currently have no way to migrate data from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
betti45

Post by betti45 »

hello,
-we were able to migrate from sql to postgresql, but we cound´t see the pay stub, and now my question is : if i buy business edition may i migrate all my information to the new software and server ?
- also we have a pay stub we a few changes that adapt it to argentine legislation , with more fields and in spanish , can i will include it in the business edition on demand ?,
thanks,
Bettina
beti from argentina
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you are having problems with TimeTrex currently, upgrading to the the Business Edition is unlikely to solve them.

In order to fix the problem proper troubleshooting and diagnostics need to be performed and the problem needs to be fixed first. Doing any sort of upgrades or changes that don't result in the problem being fixed are likely to further complicate matters and is not recommended.

I don't understand your second question, have you made any customizations to the TimeTrex code yourself?
betti45

Post by betti45 »

hello, thank you for your answers.., but
- in my first question i would liked to know primary if i will can migrate the information (all punches ,and accounts configures that i have ), independently if we have any problem.., and in your answers you mean that after i buy business editions you will first do any diagnostics in order to resolve our problem , is that correct ?
- in my second question i mean that certainly my assistant did changes and customizations to the TimeTrex code himself i think, threre is any problem in that ?
Bettina
beti from argentina
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Regardless if you purchase the Business Edition or not, you would also need to purchase an Extended Support package to have one of our support reps troubleshoot and diagnose any problems for you.

As for customizations, these are not a problem at all, but if you modified any pay stub code and now the pay stubs are not working, there is a good chance that the modifications you made are causing the problem. At least they would be the first place to look in resolving the issue.