Complicated Setup???

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
stuartdrennan

Complicated Setup???

Post by stuartdrennan »

Hi

I have installed, and am running TimeTrex very happily. I just need a bit of advice on setting it up for my company correctly.

We have a strange setup, so I have that someone can advise me. the following working rules need to be applied.

6 day work week, with each person only working 5 (1 day off per week, ful time staff only)

Managers start and get paid from 9am and work to 5.30pm. Shop staff work from 9.20am to 5.30pm and get paid from 9.30am to 5.30pm

Both types of staff get 30 minutes per day deducted for lunch. So in total managers work and are paid for a 40hr week, and shop staff get paid for 37.5hr week and work a 38.5 (less 10 mins) week.

Can anyone please provide me with any advise on setting up the recurring schedule for this, and also, tracking the punch time for the shop staff differently from thir paid time?

Thanks so much,

Regards

Stuart Drennan
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Our Administrator Guide and Online University courses will walk you through setting up everything that you have described. We also offer affordable telephone support packages if you would like one of our support staff to walk you through setting up TimeTrex over the phone.

Other then that, we are more then happy to answer specific questions that you my have here.
stuartdrennan

Post by stuartdrennan »

Hi shaunw

Thanks for you reply.

Question 1:

Hows can I get up a recurring schedule that allows for a 6 day work week with each staff member only working 5 days?

Question 2:

How can I set staff to punch in at a different time from the pay time?

Question 3:

If I select Federal Income Tax, and select UK, it doesn't seem to do anything with the pay stubbs I generate, hows best can I setup PAYE in the UK?

Thanks

Hope you can help.

Stuart
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Question 1:

Hows can I get up a recurring schedule that allows for a 6 day work week with each staff member only working 5 days?
Setup a recurring schedule template for each different 5 day work week the employees will be working. Templates don't describe possible days that employees can work, they describe days employees actually will work.
Question 2:

How can I set staff to punch in at a different time from the pay time?
Rounding policies allow you to adjust punch times.

Question 3:

If I select Federal Income Tax, and select UK, it doesn't seem to do anything with the pay stubbs I generate, hows best can I setup PAYE in the UK?
TimeTrex doesn't support the UK out of the box, you will need to define the tax brackets manually using the Tax Bracket calculation types.
stuartdrennan

Post by stuartdrennan »

Hi Shuan

Thanks for that. Its all good.

1 and 2 are perfect. I'll work on that on.

3: I can do that no problem. The only issuse is the tax codes in the UK. We have a certain set of tax exemption codes.

I.e My tax code if 206L, therefore, I can earn £2069 before tax at 20% will kick in. However I used to be 406L (£4069 before tax). Is it possible to take that into the calculation without setting up a duduction for each tax code?

More on UK tax codes:

http://www.ir35calc.co.uk/uk_tax_codes_guide.aspx

Also, there is employeer contributions to National Insurance Contributions:

The employee get tax and NI duducted, and the employer tops up the NIC. Can TimeTrex cope with this? Maybe a tax addition to a different pay stubb account?

Thanks, and sorry for all these questions.

Stuart
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There are several ways you can calculate the tax with the exempt amount. For example the Advanced Percent (Tax Bracket) has a Annual Exempt Amount that you can enter 2069, or 4069 into. This can of course be set on a per employee basis too.

TimeTrex also fully supports "Employer Contributions", with its "Employer Contribution" pay stub accounts.