Unable to create Pay Stub

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
junbug99

Unable to create Pay Stub

Post by junbug99 »

Using version 15.2.2 Community Edition

Been using this software for a year to manage my business of exactly 1 employee.

Ran payroll for latest pay period and I got a warning that I had a pay stub amendment in the active status (not Paid). However I am not able to change the status of the one pay stub amendment.

Ran payroll again and gave warning "pay stub for this employee already exists, skipping...", however there is no paystub for that pay period.
Tried closing the pay period and then set to post-adjustment and ran payroll again. Still no pay stub created but it created new pay stub amendments for each pay category with the adjust amounts being what should have been in the original paystub (In other words, the difference from 0).
Now I have several pay stub amendments I cannot set to status paid and still no pay stub for that payperiod.

Please Help.
shaunw

Re: Unable to create Pay Stub

Post by shaunw »

You can't change the status of Pay Stub Amendments, that is handled for you automatically. Its likely you had a non-paid pay stub amendment for a date prior to the current pay period you were processing, this is a warning to let you know that pay stub amendment was never actually applied to the employee. You didn't mention what that pay stub amendment was, but you should either delete it if its not needed, or change the date to a date in the current pay period to have it apply then instead.

Because you closed the pay period and changed it to post-adjustment then performed a post-adjustment carry-forward run, that is why TimeTrex created a bunch of other pay stub amendments. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to achieve, but likely you will need to delete all the pay stub amendments and re-generate your pay stubs as a normal run, not a post-adjustment carry-forward run.
junbug99

Re: Unable to create Pay Stub

Post by junbug99 »

shaunw, thank you for the help.
The original amendment was an adjustment for some state disability taxes that were being deducted at the incorrect rate and I had it set to a prior date as you suggest.
I followed your advice and deleted the pay stub amendments and re-generated the pay stubs as a normal run and was able to create the pay stub.
Thanks again.