Emails are not sent for exceptions

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
zerobeta

Emails are not sent for exceptions

Post by zerobeta »

Hello

I'm trying to make it so if someone missed a punch and gets an exception to receive an email about it.
So far, the smtp settings are fine, I can do a reset password and receive an email.
Exceptions are enabled and notifications activated.
Notifications on preferences are enabled.
Work email is entered in the employee profile.

And when he do an exception an email is not sent. Not getting even a web notification. Any suggestions?
zerobeta

Re: Emails are not sent for exceptions

Post by zerobeta »

I found the problem, if I'm using the punch in/out button on the web it works fine, but if I'm setting up the punch myself on the timesheet it doesnt send and email. Any way I can make it so even I'm setting punches manually to receive an email? Since I'm using an external script to set punches based on a door terminal.
shaunw

Re: Emails are not sent for exceptions

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex doesn't send notifications when employees aren't punching in/out themselves, otherwise it would send a notification 100% of the time. For example if a IN punch is added, no OUT punch exists yet, so an email would be sent out, even though you might create the OUT punch immediately after.

In order to assist you further we would need to know specifically how you are getting punches into TimeTrex.