Department-level Schedule View

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
justap

Department-level Schedule View

Post by justap »

Hello,

I've just begun tinkering with the community edition to possibly replace some outdated attendance and scheduling processes my staff use. So far, configuration has been pretty easy and it seems like a great fit for what we need. I've run into a configuration question that has me scratching my head however:

Is there a means via permission groups (or another means) to permit employees to view their department's schedules? I've only been able to configure the ability to view their own schedule, or the entire schedule with all departments.

Now, I imagine they could save a custom layout to filter down to their department if they have the view to all, but I am trying to limit the need for employee-side configuration and I believe that there is no means to set a default layout for all users based on what I could find in other threads.

I appreciate any insight someone could provide!
shaunw

Re: Department-level Schedule View

Post by shaunw »

You can allow the permission "Schedule -> View Subordinate", then create a hierarchy with the "Permission" object assigned to it, and add all employees in the same department as superiors and all the same employees as subordinates. This should allow all those employees in the hierarchy to see each others schedules, though its possible it may have some unintended consequences in other areas.
justap

Post by justap »

That's an interesting solution. And anyone who is a superior in their own hierarchy appears to auto-route request authorizations to the next level in the hierarchy, so that shouldn't impact request authorizations. I'll give that a try, thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If the hierarchy only has the "permission" object assigned too it, then it does not affect requests at all.