Is Changing Pay Period Possible?

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
trojan

Is Changing Pay Period Possible?

Post by trojan »

Hi, is it possible to change pay period of employees who were assigned to semi monthly into weekly pay period? Our boss decided to change all employees into weekly pay period.

I created pay periods called "monday", "tuesday" , "wednesday" , "thursday" , "Friday" ' "Saturday" hence every employee is grouped into certain day for pay period. I removed every employee from their previous pay period which is the semi monthly and re assigned them to the weekly pay period I recently created.

What is a little strange is when I view timesheet details I am getting a broken report, what I mean is employee's timesheet detail is not showing as a whole week of punch in and punch out but 1 page of pdf file showing only monday and tuesday and on another page is wednesday to friday and so on.

What did I miss in my configuration? Everything was working fine during the semi monthly pay period but all these weird reportings happened when I changed the employee's pay period into weekly.

Thanks and I hope you can help me. More power to you guys.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You created 6 additional pay period schedules? What was the reasoning for 6 rather then just one?

Did you watch the Pay Period Schedules course available at our Online University?
https://www.timetrex.com/university.php

Near the end it describes employees with multiple pay periods.
trojan

Post by trojan »

yes I created 6 pay period schedules because on monday there are 5 employees on it and on tuesday there four employees assigned for this pay period schedule and so on... Each pay period I recently created have different employees assigned to them. You mean I can do this by creating 1 weekly pay period schedule?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I don't understand what you are trying to do by having a different pay period schedule for each day of the week. Will each group of employees be paid on different dates?

Can you please describe your pay period schedules in detail.
trojan

Post by trojan »

I finally got it shauwn...

I imported all punches to the new pay period schedules and everything is working fine :lol: