Over time after 8 hours

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
endersending01

Over time after 8 hours

Post by endersending01 »

I have been using Timetrex community edition for a few years, but I am still confused on making policies and pay codes and getting the right results. I have no background in accounting so the way payroll and time is calculated is a foreign idea, but I am willing to learn.
I have a small company doing subcontracting road construction all over the state. There are 8 regions in the state and each region has its own prevailing wage rate with overtime after 8 hours. For employees it's me, and I have friends that will help me in the shop and on the road. I have Timetrex setup with wage groups and people 'time in/out' to different departments. I have a shop branch/department for shop work and riding to a job. I also have a branch (projects) / with 8 departments. one for each region of the state. This seems to work fine.
The problem I am having is getting overtime after 8 hours to work.
Example: my friend Ty rides in the truck 2 hours to the job, spends 9 hours on the job, and rides 2 hours back.
His ending time would be 4 hours 'shop time', 8 hours prevailing (wage depends on department/region of the state) + 1 hour OT at prevailing wage rate.
I do not want the shop time as part of the OT calculation.
Attached are some screen shots and be warned there are policies and pay codes that were added, but not being used. which makes it confusing to look at.
I am very confused how pay codes work. Are pay codes what you see on the pay stub? contributing pay code. same thing. No idea how this works. Same with pay formula policies. Do I need different pay formulas for each department/region?
I would like someone to look at the screen shots and help me through getting over time after 8 hours to work. Everything else seems to work.
I have tons of questions about how policies/pay codes and formulas work. Information on the internet is very slim.
I assume more information will be needed. I will gladly supply more screen shots and information as requested.
thank you for the time and reading and helping.
Attachments
contributing pay code policy
contributing pay code policy
contributing shifts
contributing shifts
No overtime after 8 being calculated
No overtime after 8 being calculated
overtime policy
overtime policy
pay codes
pay codes
pay formulas
pay formulas
Regular Time Policy
Regular Time Policy
shaunw

Re: Over time after 8 hours

Post by shaunw »

The situation you described is an advanced case and beyond what the Community Edition is designed for, or capable of handling.

TimeTrex Corporate Edition with its Job Costing module is capable of handling your specific requirements though. In fact, we have customers in your exact industry using it across every state, so you may want to consider upgrading to it instead. Additionally, you would receive customer support, so our team of support experts could help you get it setup exactly the way you want, quickly and efficiently.

You can get pricing information for it here: https://www.timetrex.com/quote