How to get to timetrex.ini.php

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
cerber98

How to get to timetrex.ini.php

Post by cerber98 »

Hello!

I installed TimeTrex on Ubuntu 22, but it states that I need to set the hostname to the correct IP address. The problem is, I can't find timetrex.ini.php. I believe it's in /usr/share/timetrex/html, but permission is denied. Do I need to change ownership of the folder or what is the next step? If I need to change ownership, please tell me what the exact command would be and whether I would need to change the ownership back to whatever it is now after I am done updating the file.

Thank you very much!
Alex.
shaunw

Re: How to get to timetrex.ini.php

Post by shaunw »

The location depends on how you installed TimeTrex specifically. Though a permission denied error would lead me to believe the file exists where you think it is, so perhaps try using "sudo" to edit it instead.
cerber98

Post by cerber98 »

I installed using the .deb package. I tried doing sudo chown username:usergroup /usr/share/timetrex/html. It changed the ownership of html folder, but not the subfolders or files (I wasn't sure if that was safe to do) and it showed an empty folder as a result.
I was afraid to change all of them, just in case the system is unable to modify things later on... Should I go ahead and try to change ownership for all subfolders? Or should I just add some permissions instead?

Thanks,
Alex.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, I don't understand why you are trying to change the ownership of a file when the original issue you mentioned was the hostname not matching. This seems like two completely separate issues? Can you please clarify?
cerber98

Post by cerber98 »

The hostname is in the timetrex.ini.php file, so I am trying to find and get into that file. So far, it appears that this file is supposed to be in the folder that I mentioned, but I can't get into that folder because of permission issues and when I changed ownership of the folder, there was nothing displayed inside the folder. I assume it's because of permission issues. So how do I get to that file to change the hostname listed in the file?

Thanks,
Alex.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You need to be logged into your system as the "root" user (or use the 'sudo' tool), then you should be able to access any and all files.
cerber98

Post by cerber98 »

Ok, I got this figured out. I just used sudo su to change to root user, then I could go inside the html folder and change the file. However, after I change the hostname in the timetrex.ini.php, the system doesn't work and states that it is down for maintenance when I try to access it through a browser. When I change back from my URL to "localhost", the system works fine. So I probably need to somehow reset apache or do something else in addition to just changing the hostname in the timetrex.ini.php file. I just don't know what else I need to change.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Alex.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Did you happen to change the "host" setting under the [database] section? If so, that is the wrong one, you want to change the "hostname" setting under the [other] section near the bottom of the file.
cerber98

Post by cerber98 »

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I didn't notice the other one. I changed that and everything is good now. Thank you very much!