Pay Stubs disappearing

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
stefan2j

Pay Stubs disappearing

Post by stefan2j »

Good morning Stefan here!

I am frustrated because I cannot get this software to work. Here an explanation of what I am trying to accomplish and what I have done:

- Initial setup done.

- Payments: Semi-Monthly - Pay period start 1st and finish on 15 with transaction date the 30th or previous business day. 2nd pay period start on 16 and finish on last day of month and transaction date is the 15 or previous business day.

- I want to pay salary because I am self-employ without any specific schedule and my other two people working are both contractors that do not have schedule hours neither. So I have the wages setup monthly salary instead of weekly hours.

- Since me and my contractors have been working since 2021 I have the wage effective date in 2021 and there is a yellow message telling me to recalculate the timesheet for the affected period but I do not use timesheets since we do not get paid hourly, we do not use schedules or time sheets.

- When I create the first Pay stub it goes from 01-01-2023 to 01-15-2023 with transaction date of 01-30-2023. It is OPEN, Normal (In-Cycle). Under earnings, deductions, miscellaneous, Employer contributions, Accrual and Payment method nothing generates, it is empty. and I saved it. I can see it populates under the Paystub tabs and so far all good.

- When I then go to Process Payroll the 1st Pay Period from 1 to 15 of January 2023 and click next until step 7 since I do not have timesheets to track or record. When I hit Generate Pay Stubs it will give me the error FAILED in red for all 3 employees. The descriptions is: No Earnings, employee may not have any hours for this pay period, or their wage may not be set. and I understand the part of the hours for the pay period because they do not work hourly but they are set to be paid by monthly salary of a specific amount under their wage tab in each employee. This is when I try to go back to the pay stub tab and then the paystubs i created they disappeared, no longer showing. Like the system will delete them automatically.

- Then if I try to fix it by creating a new pay stub and adding the wage under pay stub earning tab once I am creating the pay stub it will just move from Red to Yellow and reads: Pay Stub for this employee already exist, Skipping... . It changes from red to yellow only because I added the earnings, If I try to add the dedications they will just disappeared once I save it and If I try to delete the wage under earning it wont delete, It will still showing.

I have read and read, I have tried over 10 hours of work arounds, delete and start over but nothing works. I know it should be something simple but I ran out of options already.

All help will be appreciated.

Note: I added all the pictures I understood will help explain my post. If anything else is needed, please let me know.
Attachments
Yellow.png
Pay Stub Earnings.png
Failed.png
Payroll Processing Wizard.png
Pay Stub.png
Pay Period Scheduled.png
Pay Periods.png
Pay Method.png
Deductions.png
Wage.png
TimeSheet.png
mikeb

Re: Pay Stubs disappearing

Post by mikeb »

The use case you have mentioned is not what TimeTrex is designed for, and you will likely run into many frustrations trying to force it into something its not.

TimeTrex is primarily designed to handle workforce management where employees track their time by punching in/out in real-time, then payroll is based on the recorded worked time. In short, you must have time recorded on employee's timesheets.

Unfortunately, if you have no intention of doing that, I recommend you consider another software package that would better suit your needs, or at the very least greatly temper your expectations knowing this to be the case.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
stefan2j

Re: Pay Stubs disappearing

Post by stefan2j »

mikeb wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:00 pm The use case you have mentioned is not what TimeTrex is designed for, and you will likely run into many frustrations trying to force it into something its not.

TimeTrex is primarily designed to handle workforce management where employees track their time by punching in/out in real-time, then payroll is based on the recorded worked time. In short, you must have time recorded on employee's timesheets.

Unfortunately, if you have no intention of doing that, I recommend you consider another software package that would better suit your needs, or at the very least greatly temper your expectations knowing this to be the case.
Thanks for the reply Mike!

Maybe that is what it is but I was under the impression that I can create 1099 for contractors therefor I could use it without the need of timesheets since contractor should not have a schedule or they could fold into employees.

I guess I could force punch in/out and make it work with automated schedule but was trying just to pay base on salary, not in hours worked. The funny part is that I made it work twice but cannot remember how (sure without using timesheets) so I know it works but cannot find the way again. Hopefully someone knows the way and can see this post and not just help me but the community for those of us who work without a schedule.
Attachments
Paid Pay Stub.png