Using TimeTrex CE in Jamaica

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
Datsys

Using TimeTrex CE in Jamaica

Post by Datsys »

Greetings,
I am looking seriously at using this product in our businesses in Jamaica and there are a few questions I am hoping can be addressed.

We have 2 business entities (1 with about 6 employees and the other with 15). Can both be managed in a single install of the program or do we need to have a separate installation for each?

Which is the best choice of Finger Print Reader to go with for the Community Edition?

Can it be configured to calculate Payroll based on the Laws of Jamaica or will it require modification of the Sorce Code?
mikeb

Re: Using TimeTrex CE in Jamaica

Post by mikeb »

We have 2 business entities (1 with about 6 employees and the other with 15). Can both be managed in a single install of the program or do we need to have a separate installation for each?
You would need to upgrade to the Professional Edition to support multiple legal entities or multiple companies.
Which is the best choice of Finger Print Reader to go with for the Community Edition?
TimeTrex does not support fingerprint readers. You would need to upgrade to the Professional Edition to enable biometric facial recognition through the mobile app using off-the-shelf Android/iOS tablets ( https://www.timetrex.com/timeclock ).
Can it be configured to calculate Payroll based on the Laws of Jamaica or will it require modification of the Source Code?
You should be able to handle this without modifying the source code.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Datsys

Post by Datsys »

Now that we have recovered from our ransomware issue, I finally get to say thanks for the reply.

I believe its going to be best for me to start from the last item first and focus on getting the software to work with the Ja tax system. Please advise on what areas of the software that needs to be edited/updated.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

I would recommend that you see our documentation regarding Tax / Deductions.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!