Form 940 not populating correctly

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
endersending01

Form 940 not populating correctly

Post by endersending01 »

I am having a problem with generating a 940 form. I assume I do not have the 'form setup' configured correctly.
my problems are with lines 3 through 6 on the form. Line 3, total payments to all employees does not show up unless I add pay formulas (I think that is what they are) to the Line 4 a,b exempt payments as included or exempt. if they are exempt, they show up negative; if they are included, line 3 populates correctly but they are not supposed to be 'included in the exemption'. It's confusing for line 4 to see excluded under an exemption (double negative?).
Maybe someone could explain how this works or what I am doing wrong. I am by no means an accountant so maybe I am missing the concept of how the form setup works.
I have attached a few screenshots of the form setup page and the resulting 940 it generates.
Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
When adding to excluded I get Negatives
When adding to excluded I get Negatives
Excluded makes a negative line 3
Excluded makes a negative line 3
Not populating line 3 like it should
Not populating line 3 like it should
This is how I think it should be, but then line 3 doesn't populate
This is how I think it should be, but then line 3 doesn't populate
line 3 is right if FUTA tax is exempt
line 3 is right if FUTA tax is exempt
mikeb

Re: Form 940 not populating correctly

Post by mikeb »

You must have a Tax/Deduction setup for "US - Federal Unemployment Insurance" that is assigned to employees and has been calculated on pay stubs for the prior year. If you attach a screenshot of Payroll -> Tax/Deductions, that will help.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!