Federal Income Taxes (2020 W4)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
alockey

Federal Income Taxes (2020 W4)

Post by alockey »

Hello all!
I'm assuming that I am simply missing an obvious step, but I'm attempting to run my first payroll for our single employee. I realized that the Federal Income Tax was set for the 2019 W4, so I went into the Payroll -> Taxes and changed it to the 2020 Version but now it no longer calculates the Taxes on the employee stub, it is just removed from the deductions all together.

If I set it back to 2019 and earlier, it works again and calculates, and appears in the deductions.

I've re-checked both the Payroll -> Tax setting, and the Employee -> Tax setting, and they both say 2020, non-exempt, and all have 0's for the additional withholding values. The only thing that I have adjusted is the 'Form Version' drop down.
I have also checked by using an 'additional' withholding value of $1.00, and that does come out of the employee's payroll, so somewhere the auto-calculation isn't working but I'm not sure why. I am still 'in' the current pay period (ends 03/14 at midnight), but that didn't seem to affect the 2019 version.
Sorry if this is a duplicate question, I did not see this particular issue in the forums.
Thank you for your assistance!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-14 055030.png
mikeb

Re: Federal Income Taxes (2020 W4)

Post by mikeb »

Each form version uses different tax formulas, so what is the employees martial status and taxable earnings on the pay stub you are generating? If its a relatively low amount its possible they haven't met the threshold for having taxes taken off with the 2020 version W4.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
alockey

Post by alockey »

Its for a part-time employee, they're Single and the taxable wages are around 380, which does appear to be below a threshold. Is there a way to have this deduction show as $0.00, not like it's just forgotten and missing?
Thank you for the reply mikeb!
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Once they have taxes deducted at least once in the year it will show as $0. Until then though, it doesn't appear at all.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!