Need Linux installer for an old version community edition

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
prodtester23

Need Linux installer for an old version community edition

Post by prodtester23 »

Hi, we are currently using an old version of TimeTrex Community Edition in Prod, an amazing tool that has been serving us so well. I would like to test whether the upgrade function found in the recent releases will work and detect our old version in prod so I can check what problems will be encountered(if the upgrade work) if any as we plan to upgrade the one we are using in production. I'm looking for version 12.2.1, or any earlier of the Community Edition installer for Linux, .deb or .zip is okay. Thank you!
mikeb

Re: Need Linux installer for an old version community edition

Post by mikeb »

If you are using v12.x, as long as your system meets the minimum system requirements (ie: PHP v8.0) you should be able to just download the latest TimeTrex version and perform an upgrade.

Unfortunately we do not offer downloads for older versions.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
prodtester23

Post by prodtester23 »

Using a test database backup of our prod db, the upgrade processes work but there was a problem with my test database. Do you have existing documentation or knowledge base on how to properly do a PostgreSQL backup from an older Timetrex version? The intended use case is the backup is going to be restored to a new database to be used for the latest version of Timetrex. Thank you!
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Please follow standard Postgresql backup/restore procedures on Linux, there are many tutorials online regarding these.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!