Punches not downloading

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Nox

Punches not downloading

Post by Nox »

Running version 2.2.16, had to move to a new server so I can upgrade to the latest version. Everything seems to be working, except the punches are not being downloaded from the timeclock.

The steps I followed:

Installed timetrex on new server (same version as from old server), restore the database, restore the original directory (/var/www/timetrex).

Can login, and almost everything looks correct. One problem we had was that everybody's saved reports are gone, but that is cosmetic and is easily fixed.

The big problem is that the punches are not being downloaded. We performed the upgrade on Sunday and no punches have registered for any employee on Monday. I have tested the connection to the timeclock.

My concern is that a cronjob or some other scheduled task is not being performed. Where should I start to look for the problem? I need to get this working before we upgrade.

Thanks!
shaunw

Re: Punches not downloading

Post by shaunw »

For all questions regarding TimeTrex Business or Professional Editions, please email support@timetrex.com.
Nox

Re: Punches not downloading

Post by Nox »

Was a simple fix, Mike helped me find it. The cron job was not running because I typed in the command wrong. I used a $ symbol where I should have used the & symbol.

Whoops. :) Thanks guys!