MyTimesheet Punch Button Behavior

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
MichelleM

MyTimesheet Punch Button Behavior

Post by MichelleM »

1. Clearly state what is happening, or what isn't happening that you feel should. If there are any error messages include the FULL EXACT error message.

What I've found is this: if the employee logs in, and goes to fill out his/her timesheet and simply clicks on the cell to be filled in, the pop up window appears and all can be filled in as needed. That's the good part. :D The hours/time total up properly and all seems to work well.

The bad part happens if they use the Add:Punch button at the top right. The first "In" works fine. But, if you want to just add an "Out" - like you can with the clicking of the cell I described earlier - a gap is added between the two times, so you'd have IN: 8:00AM | Out: | In: | OUT: 5:00PM. And of course the time does not total (that was addressed in another posting, http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... ight=total). BTW, I also used those Start and Continuous times for my Pay Period schedule.

Now I've checked adding Absences using the button for Vacation & what not, and it works fine.

My cron job appears to be running; I've checked the /var/log/timetrex subdir and "tail"d both textfiles.

2. Clearly state the EXACT steps you took before the issue occurred, or steps to reproduce the issue. Providing screenshots can help greatly if it is possible.
I have setup an admin user (myself for now), a supervisor and other employees. I have expressly given the "regular" employees the "Edit Own"->Allow permission to work around the glitch I've found.
There is a Meal Policy set for one hour, auto-deduct.
Pay periods are set and appear to be configured correctly.
Each employee is assigned to a pay period.

3. What version of TimeTrex you are running, specifically. (stating "the latest version" is not specific enough)
TimeTrex 1.6.3
4. What version of PHP you are using.
PHP 5.1.2 with MySQL 5.0.22-Debian
5. What operating system you are running.
Ubuntu 6.0.6 server
6. What web server you are using.
Apache 2.0.55
7. Have you configured PHP to log errors to a file, and what errors are showing up in this file?
("error_log = <filename>" in PHP.INI)
Yes, I did but no file was created (/var/log/phperror.log)

8. In your TimeTrex.ini.php file, set the following under the [debug] section:
enable = TRUE
enable_display = TRUE
buffer_output = TRUE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 11
Reproduce the issue and include any relevent information from the TimeTrex log file in your post.
When I did this, I could not log on to TimeTrex; there were too many error messages on the display and even if I typed the correct password, I got “wrong passwordâ€
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The bad part happens if they use the Add:Punch button at the top right. The first "In" works fine. But, if you want to just add an "Out" - like you can with the clicking of the cell I described earlier - a gap is added between the two times, so you'd have IN: 8:00AM | Out: | In: | OUT: 5:00PM. And of course the time does not total (that was addressed in another posting, http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... ight=total). BTW, I also used those Start and Continuous times for my Pay Period schedule.
This is by design, the add punch button should only be used to add a new punch pair, when there are no "blank" cells for a day anymore. You need to click on the cells in the TimeSheet otherwise.
MichelleM

thanks!

Post by MichelleM »

Shawn - thank you. I didn't see anything one way or the other about that. I'll address it as a training/design issue. It looks great and we're very excited about it!

Michelle