Maintenance Not Running Error

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
duckygsu

Maintenance Not Running Error

Post by duckygsu »

I guess that my schedule task is not running correctly , and I am not sure what to do about it and what directories need to be in the schedule task poperties area.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When you installed TimeTrex, did you follow the instructions on this page?

/interface/install/MaintenanceJobs.php
duckygsu

Post by duckygsu »

I thought I had but I am exactly sure where I need to enter the paths

schtasks /create /tn "TimeTrex Scheduled Jobs" /tr "C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php-win.exe C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Time\maint\cron.php" /sc minute

This is the command that I typed in and it says that the task could not start.

I am not a tech guy and I appoligize for asking stupid questions.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What happens when you run this command by itself?

C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php-win.exe C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Time\maint\cron.php
duckygsu

Post by duckygsu »

When I dont have quotes around the path an error comes up and says that it cannot locate 'C:\Program'. When I do put quotes around them the first one seems to run the second one just opens the php file.
duckygsu

Post by duckygsu »

In Windows simply run this command as Administrator. Be sure that php-win.exe is in your path!

schtasks /create /tn "TimeTrex Scheduled Jobs" /tr "php-win.exe C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Time\classes\modules\core\..\..\..\maint\cron.php" /sc minute

This is what the maintenancejobs.php file shows me when I view it in a web browser.
duckygsu

Post by duckygsu »

What is it suppose to do or run and how can I know that it is doing what it should be.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Try running this, all as one command:

"C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php-win.exe" "C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Time\maint\cron.php"

I think it could be because of the space in "Program Files" that is breaking things.
duckygsu

Post by duckygsu »

The command ran with no errors but I still have the error when I log it to TimeTrex.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, you will need to make sure in your Scheduled Tasks it is running that exact same command line that you said worked.

The scheduled tasks need to be running for about 24hrs before that message will go away.
Das Goat

no file php-win.exe

Post by Das Goat »

I installed php 5.2.2.

The file php-win.exe could not be found in the directory, or indeed on a whole drive C: search.

My guess is that it didn't install. I tried running the Windows Setup fill again to see if I could find it, but no dice. Nore do I see any refference to it on the PHP site.

Any hints?

Thanks!
Das Goat

Fund it!

Post by Das Goat »

Ok, if you re-run the window installer, it is under the "script commands" and the "extra" tab (second one down if you expand all the options). It is not well documented, so the description is vuage. You have to know that php-win.exe runds the commands for you with out the executable window.

Anyway, that is where I found it.