Unable to login to Timetrex after Installation

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
tshaw

Unable to login to Timetrex after Installation

Post by tshaw »

When I try to login to Timetrex for the first time after installation, I do not get logged in. I enter my username and password and press enter and the page refreshes and my information I entered disappears. When I try to enter in another username (ie. administrator, root) it comes back with the message that there was incorrect input for the username or password. I have checked the log and it appears that it keeps getting hung up on not being able to set the i18n locale en_us. I am pasting a section of my log below.

Any help would be appreciated.

---------------[ Tue, 01 May 2007 14:55:19 -0500 (PID: 1276) ]---------------
DEBUG [169]: <b>[Function]()</b>: Production: 1<br>
DEBUG [50]: <b>[Function]()</b>: Bypassing Authentication<br>
DEBUG [263]: <b>TTi18n::chooseBestLocale()</b>: Choosing Best Locale...<br>
DEBUG [191]: <b>TTi18n::setLocale()</b>: Attempting to set Locale to: en Category: 0<br>
DEBUG [194]: <b>TTi18n::setLocale()</b>: bAttempting to set Locale to: en<br>
DEBUG [196]: <b>TTi18n::setLocale()</b>: Failed setting i18n locale: en<br>
DEBUG [305]: <b>TTi18n::chooseBestLocale()</b>: cSetting Locale: en_us<br>
DEBUG [191]: <b>TTi18n::setLocale()</b>: Attempting to set Locale to: en_us Category: 0<br>
DEBUG [194]: <b>TTi18n::setLocale()</b>: bAttempting to set Locale to: en_us<br>
DEBUG [196]: <b>TTi18n::setLocale()</b>: Failed setting i18n locale: en_us<br>
DEBUG [316]: <b>TTi18n::chooseBestLocale()</b>: Unable to find and set a locale.<br>
DEBUG [52]: <b>[Function]()</b>: User Name: root<br>
DEBUG [426]: <b>Authentication::Login()</b>: Login Type: USER_NAME<br>
DEBUG [406]: <b>Validator::Error()</b>: Validation Error: Label: user_name Msg: User Name or Password is incorrect<br>
DEBUG [385] Array: <b>Validator::isValid()</b>: Errors
<pre>
array(1) {
["user_name"]=>
array(1) {
[0]=>
string(34) "User Name or Password is incorrect"
}
}
</pre><br>
---------------[ Tue, 01 May 2007 14:55:19 -0500 (PID: 1276) ]---------------
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please follow this FAQ entry and provide more details.

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

Sorry, I meant to include that info, but forgot to. I am running Timetrex 1.6.4, PHP 5.2.1, MySQL 5.1.11. This is all running on a clean install of Windows 2000 Server running IIS 5. I have turned on error logging for PHP, but it is not logging anything. I already gave a snip of my debug log for Timetrex, please let me know if you need more.

Thanks,

Todd
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Does this topic help you at all?
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... ight=login

If not, enable debug verbosity 11, and try to login again. It should take you to a screen with just debug output, paste that output here.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I had seen that previous post you recommended and my base URL is already set to that. I changed my verbosity to 11 like you requested and I get the following output:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(mysqlt): SET SESSION sql_mode='ansi'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\BreadCrumb.class.php on line 41

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 47

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Todd
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Just in case, I would try re-installing once more with a fresh database and see if the issue continues.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I deleted the database I had created and deleted all log, cache, and storage files. I then deleted the entire contents of the timetrex directory in IIS. I then re-copied the files back over from my extracted files that I downloaded. I went back through the setup without any problems or errors that I could see. I got the same problem with not being able to login.

After this, I went through and deleted the same files again and tried to install Timetrex 1.6.3 and got the same end result.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, can you try editing interface/index.php and comment out the block of code around line 47.

It should look something like this after you add /* and */ around it.

Code: Select all

/*
//Find last login name.
$llf = new LogListFactory();
$log_obj = $llf->getLastEntryByUserIdAndActionAndTable( $current_user->getId(), 'Login', 'authorization')->getC$
$last_login_date = $log_obj->getDate();
Debug::text('Last Logged in Date: '. TTDate::getDate('DATE+TIME', $last_login_date) , __FILE__, __LINE__, __MET$
*/
Once that is done, try logging in again, see if that helps.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I made the changes you requested. When I just commented before and after like you gave in your example, there was no change. When I commented like you posted and put stars in front of every line between, the page would just show as a blank page when I opened from Internet Explorer.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, check your PHP error log again, see if anything is showing up in there.

I'm not sure we're on the right path here, something is definitely strange as I have not seen this issue before. It almost seems like the installation has failed, which is causing all these other issues.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

Here is what my php log has in it:

[01-May-2007 16:20:03] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 79
[01-May-2007 16:28:20] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\BreadCrumb.class.php on line 41
[01-May-2007 16:28:20] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 47
[01-May-2007 16:29:10] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\BreadCrumb.class.php on line 41
[01-May-2007 16:29:10] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 47
[02-May-2007 08:05:29] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 79
[02-May-2007 08:06:05] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\SystemSettings.php on line 119
[02-May-2007 08:06:05] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\SystemSettings.php on line 123
[02-May-2007 08:06:47] PHP Notice: Undefined index: anonymous_update_notify in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\SystemSettings.php on line 113
[02-May-2007 08:18:57] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 79
[02-May-2007 08:19:27] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\SystemSettings.php on line 119
[02-May-2007 08:19:27] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\SystemSettings.php on line 123
[02-May-2007 08:19:40] PHP Notice: Undefined index: anonymous_update_notify in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\SystemSettings.php on line 113
[02-May-2007 08:40:57] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 79
[02-May-2007 08:40:58] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\install\install.php on line 79
[02-May-2007 10:51:20] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
[02-May-2007 10:51:24] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
[02-May-2007 10:51:35] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
[02-May-2007 10:53:07] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
[02-May-2007 10:53:31] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
[02-May-2007 10:53:49] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
[02-May-2007 10:56:06] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
[02-May-2007 10:59:26] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45

Does this tell you anything?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

[02-May-2007 10:56:06] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 45
You made an error when commenting out the lines in index.php. Can you please post all the lines that you modified in that file?
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

Here is what I modified:

/*
*//Find last login name.
*$llf = new LogListFactory();
*$log_obj = $llf->getLastEntryByUserIdAndActionAndTable( $current_user->getId(), 'Login', 'authorization')->getCurrent();
*$last_login_date = $log_obj->getDate();
*Debug::text('Last Logged in Date: '. TTDate::getDate('DATE+TIME', $last_login_date) , __FILE__, __LINE__, __METHOD__,9);
*/
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, you need to remove the "*" from the beginning of each line, just comment before and after that block of code.

Then try to login again with debug verbosity set to 11, and post your PHP error log and any other errors at that point.

There may be a couple other places that we need to address before we figure out exactly what is causing these issues.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I only commented before and after like you had mentioned. I then changed to debugging on and verbosity 11 and here is what I get:

(mysqlt): SET SESSION sql_mode='ansi'

(mysqlt): select session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date from authentication WHERE session_id = 'e633c3157145a076c67a5315a832b3d2' AND ip_address = '169.254.91.22' AND updated_date >= 1178116028

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\BreadCrumb.class.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined variable: last_login_date in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: last_login_date in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 56

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 64

In my php error log, I got the following logged when I tried to log in:

[02-May-2007 13:27:08] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\BreadCrumb.class.php on line 41
[02-May-2007 13:27:08] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: last_login_date in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 53
[02-May-2007 13:27:08] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: last_login_date in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 56
[02-May-2007 13:27:08] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\timetrex\interface\index.php on line 64
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Something is definitely out of the ordinary with your installation. Is it possible for you to give us Remote Desktop access so we can try and diagnose whats going on? If so, please email connection details to support@timetrex.com.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

Yes, I have sent support an e-mail asking for instructions on how they want to connect. Whatever we find out, I will post here for everyone else. Thanks for all of your help.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Thanks for allowing us access to your system to diagnose the problem.

The problem turned out to be you were running PHP in CGI mode, while we don't officially support PHP in CGI mode at this time, I will explain how to fix virtually any version of TimeTrex to work in CGI mode. This should also help people using web hosting companies that only support PHP in CGI mode.

Edit includes/global.inc.php and right above line 112 (in TimeTrex v1.6.4) which should look like this:

function __autoload( $name ) {
Add the following code:

if ( !isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) ) {
	if ( isset($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) ) {
		$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];	
	} elseif ( isset( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) ) {
		$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];	
	}

if ( isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) AND $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] != '') {
		$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] .= '?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
	}
}
Here is how you can bypass the installer check for PHP in CGI mode:

Edit interface/install.php and make sure the following few lines of code are surrounded by "/*" and "*/", it should look like this:

/*
if (  PHP_SAPI == 'cgi' ) {
	echo "<b>PHP CGI</b> mode detected. TimeTrex requires PHP to be built as a module for your web server in order to run correctly.<br><br>\n";

$redir = FALSE;
}
*/
This is not officially supported as it has had very little testing, so other areas of TimeTrex may need fixing as well but please share any positive or negative experiences.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!