Help with Pay Stub

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
beakcon

Post by beakcon »

shaunw wrote:The problem you are running into is a MySQL issue. Either you aren't using InnoDB or your version of MySQL is broken. I would recommend using PostgreSQL instead if you can, it will be much less hassle for you.

Alternatively if you wait a week or so when we will release TimeTrex v2.1.0-rc1 with its own installer that will take care of the entire installation process for you automatically.

No the problem is with the timetrex database set up...you'll get a bad install if you let the timetrex install run database set up and timetrex user set up by attempting to let the installer run using the root login ....I typically never do this but i thought i'd give it a shot...i really didn't bother tracking the break down but if you create your timetrex database and create the user before running the installer (which is really how i should have started) it runs fine. Everything is working! Thanks for the help!
coolmanlg

Post by coolmanlg »

I just did a new install on winxp serv pack2, PHP 5.2.4 and mysql 5.0.45.

and am experiencing similar problem again! On postgres, it runs fine but clients want it on mysql. I think the TimeTrex team should look into this matter. Maybe there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you can provide exact steps to replicate this issue on our end, and it is a TimeTrex issue, we will be happy to fix it.

The TimeTrex installer doesn't create users in MySQL, it will however create the database if the privileged user/password is specified though.

So if anything it seems like it could be a permission issue, how are you guys creating the MySQL TimeTrex user in MySQL?