Questions on Overtime and Absence

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
tshaw

Questions on Overtime and Absence

Post by tshaw »

Is there any way that timesheets and reports can display regular hours, overtime hours, and total hours? I have an overtime policy set that any hours > 40 to use the overtime policy. However, these are not showing up on the timesheet or reports; they just show regular time and total time. What would be considered overtime is just showing as regular time (ie. instead of 40 hours regular time and 2 hours overtime, it shows 42 hours regular time).

Is there a permission that I can set that allows regular employees to enter in absence time but not allowing them to add/edit/delete their punch times?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What would be considered overtime is just showing as regular time (ie. instead of 40 hours regular time and 2 hours overtime, it shows 42 hours regular time).
Your policies are either not setup correctly, or you haven't applied them to any employees with the Policy Groups.

Keep in mind you need to re-calculate (bottom right of the MyTimeSheet page) employee timesheets if you want modified policies to apply retroactively.

As far as the absence permissions are concerned, we added this functionality in v2.1 of TimeTrex. Prior to v2.1 absences used the same permissions as punches.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I upgraded to v2.1.0 RC4 and cannot get the permissions to work. They only work when I set the "Punch" permissions as editable by the employee.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yup, you're correct. It looks like there is a scenario where the absence button won't appear even if they have Add Absence permissions.

I've notified the developers and this will be fixed in the next version.