New v5.0.1 - Importing data directly from web interface

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
SurpassWFM

New v5.0.1 - Importing data directly from web interface

Post by SurpassWFM »

Good afternoon,

Here at Surpass we have been importing all of our employees via the 5.0.1 interface. During the import process we often get an error. I have attached a screenshot below, we were just wondering if your team has developed any fixes for this error.

shaunw

Re: New v5.0.1 - Importing data directly from web interface

Post by shaunw »

Please upgrade to v5.0.5 and try it again.
Surpass

Re: New v5.0.5 - Importing data directly from web interface

Post by Surpass »

Hi Shaun,

We're running 5.0.5-20120313

The subject line is incorrect.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Have you tried using a different web browser to see if that makes a difference? This error is usually a result of permission issues on the client side or server side.
SurpassWFM

Post by SurpassWFM »

I have used the following browsers.

-Google Chrome
-Mozilla FireFox
-Internet Explorer

All to no avail. I have cleared my cache and tried each one, after completely closing each individual browser.

My apologies for the incorrect version information. I was unaware we upgraded.

Thanks,
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, I think I know what the problem is. If you login to the legacy interface it should tell you that you need to fill out some more information on your profile, if you fill out those fields then try to upload the file again through the new interface it should work.
SurpassWFM

Post by SurpassWFM »

Shaun I have updated all my information. It seems the error has not been resolved.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, you will need to enable debugging using the information provided here on steps 4 and 5 (in the bottom section):
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89

Only use verbosity level 10 instead of 11, try to upload the file again then attach your log here. Also check your Apache and PHP errors logs for any errors in the process.
SurpassWFM

Post by SurpassWFM »

Will do Shaun, i'll get back to you on the results of this.
Surpass

Post by Surpass »

Hi Shaun,

Please see the attached log file. 172.31.130.2 is the client IP.

Thanks
Attachments
timetrex.log
(144.88 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Interesting, according to the log when you try to upload the file your web browser is sending TimeTrex a different session cookie which TimeTrex knows nothing about, so it can't authenticate the user and therefore rejects the upload.

Are your web browsers setup to deny cookies by chance? Could you try clearing your cookies and trying again? I'm having a hard time understanding why the browser would be sending two different cookies to TimeTrex... It definitely appears to be browser related or something to do with your setup though.

Could you try logging into our Online Demo and uploading the file there to see if it works?
http://demo.timetrex.com/interface/Logi ... sword=demo
(You don't need to complete the entire import process, just get passed the upload file part then cancel out, so no data is actually imported).
SurpassWFM

Post by SurpassWFM »

Could you try logging into our Online Demo and uploading the file there to see if it works?
http://demo.timetrex.com/interface/Logi ... sword=demo
(You don't need to complete the entire import process, just get passed the upload file part then cancel out, so no data is actually imported).
I have tried the demo and have had no issues doing the import. I will circle back with IT to see if we can change something on our end.

Thanks,
SurpassWFM

Post by SurpassWFM »

Hey Shaun,

I have tried on the local sites network and i have had no issues on different machines. It seems to be localized to my workstation. Is there a specific place i can look for the "stale cookie" so to speak.

Also since it is a flex app and we have tried purging flash is there anyway we can determine if the cookie is on the flash side or if its browser based.

Thanks,