Entire pay period is not showing on reports

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
tshaw

Entire pay period is not showing on reports

Post by tshaw »

When I go to run reports (specifically, the Timesheet Detail Report) I get the correct pay period that shows up as a header, but the actual data is cutting off one day (Saturday) at the beginning and adding the next pay period's Saturday at the end. Our pay periods run from Saturday to Friday bi-weekly. I have not made any changes to our pay periods and they have been generating fine. I have posted an example of the output of this report at http://www.cellular1.net/timetrex1.jpg

We are running Timetrex 2.0.2 on IIS 6. Please let me know any other info needed.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you please post a screenshot of your pay periods.

Admin -> Payroll -> Pay Period Schedule, then click "View" beside the pay period schedule.

If you can post a screenshot of the Pay Period Schedule "Edit" page as well, that would help.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I have taken the screen shots you requested. They are at http://www.cellular1.net/timetrex2.jpg and timetrex3.jpg
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I would try upgrading to v2.0.3 first, and see if it continues to happen with that version.

You may need to go to v2.1.0 if that doesn't help, I know there has been a few changes made to that report in this version.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I have been waiting for the final release of 2.1.0 to come out, I seen that RC4 was just released. Is RC4 stable enough to be put into production?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We have many customers using RC4 in production at this point, but "stable" is a subjective term. We are hoping to release the final version within the next week or two, so it is up to you if you want to upgrade or not.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I just upgraded successfully to 2.1.0 RC4 and this did not fix the problem.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We are unable to replicate this issue on our end, is it possible for you to email support@timetrex.com a dump of your database?
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

How exactly do I do a dump of the database, are you referring to doing a ful offline backup?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It depends which database you are using. If you are using MySQL, you will need to use the mysqldump command line utility.
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I sent the dump file to support.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It appears your issue has to do with your daily start time that you originally set to 7:00AM, and it should probably be midnight instead. Which it looks like you changed after the fact.

The problem with this is that you can't just change the daily start time after pay periods have been created without doing a lot of work to adjust all the previous pay periods.

What I recommend that you do is make a backup of your database first, unassign all employees from your current pay period schedule, then create a entirely new pay period schedule, identical to the one you first created, except with the daily start time set to 00:00. You will want to make sure that the "Create Initial Pay Periods From" date is set to a value before the first pay period date you currently have in TimeTrex, so it creates the same number of pay periods as you currently have.

This will give you a fresh start, once the pay periods in both pay period schedules match (except for starting on midnight instead of 7AM), you can go to each of the pay periods in the new pay period schedule starting from the oldest one (lowest on the list), click the "View" link beside it, then click the "Import" button. This will import all data from the old pay period schedule pay periods into this new pay period.

Once this is complete, your reports should begin working as expected, only once everything is working good should you delete the old pay period schedule and mark the new pay periods as closed.

This post explains pretty much the same procedure:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?p=1141#1141
tshaw

Post by tshaw »

I did everything you stated above and read the link to the other post. When I went to import the punches, the only thing that would import was the payroll that we just finished (which is still open) and my current payroll (that started on 10/20/07). Anything before then (which had been closed) would not import. I also found that since I could not import the old users time punches, that I had to keep the old pay period schedule if I wanted to retain those old punches (I deleted it and lost all of the punches and had to restore everything from the backup).

I did check the report and on the payroll that we just finished, it still was cutting off the Saturday. But when I did a report on the current payroll, it did show up.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, you will need to change the status of the old pay periods that are marked "Closed" to "Post Adjustment" before it will let you import the punches into a new pay period I believe. You can change the status by clicking "View" beside the pay period.