Overtime Policy not showing up in Schedule Policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
toones

Overtime Policy not showing up in Schedule Policy

Post by toones »

The overtime policy is not showing up in the drop down for the schedule policy. I tried this on my installation and the demo, after dumping the cache.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Only overtime policies of type "Over Schedule / No Schedule" are available to the Schedule Policies.

In 99.9% of the cases you don't need to select an overtime policy for your schedule policy though. The overtime policies assigned to the policy groups will take care of any overtime for you. Only in special cases (usually strict schedule scenarios) would you want to assign an overtime policy to a schedule policy, overriding what the policy groups define.

Can you explain what end result you are looking for?
toones

Post by toones »

If I can put it there, that should be fine. I just need to define separate overtime policies for separate classes of people and work locations.

Vacation time - is there a way to set the accrual on vacation to be based on the hours worked? ie. an employee earns .05 hours for every hour they work
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Schedule based overtime policies can only be based on the day, not week or anything, so that may or may not be an issue for you.

TimeTrex currently does not support hour based accrual policies, (premium policies can mimic it though) however this feature is planned for v2.2.0.