Adding stations

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
wjhudson

Adding stations

Post by wjhudson »

We've decided to limit certain employees to punch in/out from their workstation only. I've run into a problem doing this.

If I add a wildcard station, and allow "-ALL-" then everything works fine.

When I manually add a station, I give it a 'station ID' and 'name', and set the ip address, and then I set the employee I want to restrict to use that station.

When I try to use the manually added station, it does not work; I receive the "you are not authorized.... " message at the punch screen.

However, If I set the employee to use the 'ANY' station, and then punch in from their workstation, TimeTrex adds a station for me. If I then restrict the user to that station, everything works fine.

So, I think I'm doing something obvious and stupid that I just can't figure out. What is the proper way to add a station? As I set up employees should I first set them to use the ANY station, and then restrict them after the station has been created?
Bill Hudson
wjhudson

Post by wjhudson »

Nevermind, I figured it out.

The 'station ID' has to be created by TimeTrex, as it is a browser cookie. The 'source' can be the proxy server ip address, which doesn't appear to adversely affect use.
Bill Hudson