Employee Tags don't save case sensitive or accept spaces

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
SchmitzW

Employee Tags don't save case sensitive or accept spaces

Post by SchmitzW »

Tags do not save capital letters as case sensitive, but only lower case, for either the first character, or later characters, except for tags starting with the letter "A". If I edit the tag, it appears on the screen that it may save with a capital letter, but when leaving and coming back to the employee record, the tags are all in lower case. It would be easier to read my tags, if I can enter/save both upper and lower case letters. I also noticed the tags do not accept spaces, which if they did, may also make them easier to read.
Attachments
Tags not starting with the letter A, do not save capital letters as case sensitive for either the first character, or later characters.
Tags not starting with the letter A, do not save capital letters as case sensitive for either the first character, or later characters.
shaunw

Re: Employee Tags don't save case sensitive or accept spaces

Post by shaunw »

I will pass this on to the developers, tags are designed to not allow spaces, but I I think they should preserve the case. You can use other special characters in tags though like dashes, equals, periods, etc... Just not commas, semi-colons or spaces.
SchmitzW

Post by SchmitzW »

Thanks Shaun.
SchmitzW

Post by SchmitzW »

How can I use these tags to track required employee certifications? Where would I be able to enter the dates for each? Could the Employee Scheduling module be set to not allow scheduling of employees that have expired certifications?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Those are some of the features coming in the Professional Edition once the HR module is released before the end of the year.
SchmitzW

Post by SchmitzW »

Thanks Shaun. I suppose "required" certifications that have expired for an employee, will not only prevent the employee from being scheduled, but probably from even entering a punch time in or out depending on settings. Is there more information about the HR module for the Professional Edition coming later this year that you could send to me?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

More information will be available on our website once its available.