Time Banked, adding and deducting automatically

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
gml

Time Banked, adding and deducting automatically

Post by gml »

I'm having trouble setting up one of the most common scenarios in Germany. Could be because of the language barrier.

How can I set it up that undertime gets deducted from the same overtime account?
I've read a thread on the board, but I can't get it work. The Overtime stays on the timesheet if there is no "going home early" time explicitely punched. Which is, because humans are lazy, no real option. It would also be easier to see if one can go home early if the accrual summery would be on the timesheet. Clicking through to the Accrual Summary is also detrimental to human lazyness 8)

An example timesheet would be one in your online demo.
Employee: Doe, Jane
Week: 9th - 12th October

Scheduled Time would be 38.5 hours per week.
There is no overtime payment, instead the hours get banked (Accruals?)
Banked hours can be used to go home early or when the employee comes in late.
If the pay period of a month is over (99.9% of all employment contracts here) the hours stay banked, and are available to the employee.

TIA
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In order to do this you need to:

1. Setup an overtime policy that deposits to an accrual policy.
2. Setup an absence policy that withdrawls from the same accrual policy.
3. Setup a schedule policy that points to both the above policies.
4. Schedule employees with the above schedule policy.

Once all those are in place, it should do what you want. The employees must always be schedule though of course, otherwise TimeTrex won't know if they have entered an "undertime" scenario.
gml

Post by gml »

Ok, tried and it showed up after a while. Might be a cronjob involved since it didn't show up after using the recalc timesheet button? Anywho....

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

A recalculation should do the trick, as all this should be in real-time. The only thing that the maintenance jobs might affect is if you are using recurring schedules and you are trying to calculate into the future.