Trouble with with pay periods and schedules

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
CGCLuke

Trouble with with pay periods and schedules

Post by CGCLuke »

Let me explain what I am trying to do:

We have a really strange setup for payroll. We are running a semi-monthly scheme, where our primary pay periods start 3 days before the end of the month, and our secondary periods, 3 days before the middle of the month, however our transactions occur at the middle and end of the month, always on a business day.

Now for my problem. When trying to setup a pay schedule, you can choose a day, like 1, 2, or 28, or even end of month. But you cannot make it do 3 days before automatically.

The work around I am trying is to just do Primary, 1-15, and Secondary 16-EoM, and then having to go into the open pay period and editting it to match what we need each time.

So, here is my question:
Is there a way to set the schedule to work with our needs? Or is there a way to pre-setup the pay periods, say for a year in advance?
Thanks
Luke
shaunw

Re: Trouble with with pay periods and schedules

Post by shaunw »

We don't recommend modifying pay periods that TimeTrex automatically creates, instead you will need to create a "Manual" pay period schedule and manually create each pay period yourself. You can do this as far out in the future as you like.