Mutiple Meals in Schedule Policy

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
bellarose

Mutiple Meals in Schedule Policy

Post by bellarose »

Hello;

Not sure if this is already possible or not, but I've Googled this and can't find what I am looking for.

I manage a small non-profit community theatre and sometimes we have events where the shift is so long that it really should be two shifts (i.e.16 hours). We pay for lunches however, we break up the lunches so that the employee gets two 30 minute meal breaks instead of just one 60 minute meal break. Looking at the system there doesn't seem to be a way to indicate multiple meal breaks in the schedule policy. I figured out that I can do this with the break policies but then there will be no indication of 'meal' on the punch clock.

If there isn't a way to do this with the meals, then I would like to submit this feature request. :)

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;

-Ryan
shanec

Re: Mutiple Meals in Schedule Policy

Post by shanec »

TimeTrex can currently handle only one Meal Policy per shift.
That being said you could create one 60 minute meal policy per schedule and then have people punching in/out for two 30 minute meal breaks. While only one Meal Policy can be assigned there is no limit to the number of times an employee can punch in/out for meals.
bellarose

Re: Mutiple Meals in Schedule Policy

Post by bellarose »

Thanks for the answer! It is good to know that the system will allow you to split up one long meal into multiple ones. :)