TimeTrex system requirement check has failed! Wont go away

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
dialacci

TimeTrex system requirement check has failed! Wont go away

Post by dialacci »

We have had Timetrex installed for a couple years and it's been trouble free. Starting with version 5.3.0 we started getting the red System Requirement error. I upgraded to 5.3.3 when it came out hoping to fix the problem, and again to Community Edition 7.0. Still getting it.

All maintenance tasks are running (confirmed by help -> about) and cron jobs are running as the same user as the webserver (www-data). Re-running the installer does clear the message but it reappears shortly after.

Any idea where to look with troubleshooting this? I do not see anything in the log files or any problems with the program.
shaunw

Re: TimeTrex system requirement check has failed! Wont go aw

Post by shaunw »

Whats happening is that every Sunday morning TimeTrex checks the system requirements (basically runs the same operation the installation Requirements page does), if they fail it displays that red message.

If you enable debug logging in the timetrex.ini.php file, then wait until Monday morning (or force the maint/MiscWeekly.php maintenance job to run sooner), then search the log file for:
Checking system requirements
It should display the exact error message just below that line.
dialacci

Post by dialacci »

Sorry for taking so long to get back....

I checked the timetrex.ini.php and logging is enabled, however it is just a (huge) file with lines such as:

---------------[ 04-Jun-2013 8:57:01 -0400 (PID: 31373) ]---------------

over and over again. What should the logging level be at to see the messages you are refering to?

Is there any way Timetrex could make this an admin-only notification or send an email alert? It is a very scary message and I get tons of calls / emails from employees wondering if the system is broken and they are not getting paychecks...
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you get that message TimeTrex is broken as its definitely not working correctly, to what extent depends on what the exact error is. But its definitely possible that it could be affecting payroll calculations among many other things. Trust us when we say we don't display giant red error messages without good reason.

The log level should be the default which is "10".
dialacci

Post by dialacci »

alright, understood...

I checked over the timetrex.ini.php and the log level is set to 10. I re-named the huge file to timetrex.log.backup and let tt regenerate it (less to search thru).

I did manually run the MiscWeekly.php and got this:

Code: Select all

localadmin@appserver:/var/timetrex/maint$ sudo php MiscWeekly.php

----WARNING----WARNING----WARNING-----
--------------------------------------
Minimum PHP Requirements are NOT met!!
Failed Requirements: PHPMemoryLimit

localadmin@appserver:/var/timetrex/maint$
however under /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, the limit is set way above recomended limit of 20M:

Code: Select all

memory_limit = 512M
The memory_limit has never been changed as long as we've been running Timetrex, and if I were to run the actual installer it sees the 512M and allows us to proceed....
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When PHP is run from the command line, it uses a different PHP.ini file, usually /etc/php5/cli/php.ini. This file likely has the default 64M memory limit set in it, which is almost certainly causing your maintenance jobs to fail when they reach that limit.