Scheduled Lunch Time

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Yajasi

Scheduled Lunch Time

Post by Yajasi »

At our office, we have salaried employees who participate in a catered lunch program every day from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. This is a non-paid lunch time, and I am having trouble configuring TimeTrex to deduct this hour from their pay.

Our employees come in anywhere from 5:30 AM to 8:30 AM, but they go to lunch at 12:00 PM because that's when the caterer arrives. These employees don't have the same schedule every day. They can be scheduled to come in at 7:30 AM but then get called in at 6:00 AM. No matter what time they come in, their lunch is from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM How can I automate this lunch hour in TimeTrex?

Here's what I've tried:
1> Meal/break policies don't allow me to enter an exact start time, so I am unable to use them.
2> A Premium Policy Starting at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM with a Minimum & Maximum time of 1:00 and a Pay Multiplied by a Factor of 0 has no results - the employee instead receives overtime for supposedly working more than 8 hours a day when in fact they didn't.
3> A Recurring Absent Schedule from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM with Auto-Punch set to TRUE results in the employee being clocked in as working from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM. Not sure why the Absent schedule results in them getting marked as clocked in for work??!?? (The effective date of this schedule is in the past, but the auto-punches are not applied to my testing data in the past. So maybe this would work...)
4> A Recurring Schedule from 5:30 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 6:30 PM with Auto-Punch set to TRUE. This gives each employee tons of overtime or requires their supervisor tons of manual work to delete the 5:30morning/6:30evening punches which are duplicates to their actual punch in/out times.

Any other ideas I could try?
shaunw

Re: Scheduled Lunch Time

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex will never automatically punch the employee in/out for lunch at a specific time. If you don't want employees to punch in/out for lunch, the only automated procedure would be to deduct 1 hour from their entire day (with no specific start/end time).
Yajasi

Post by Yajasi »

Thanks for the information. Is there any way to setup a schedule to Auto-Punch employees in at a certain time - say Clock In at 7:30 AM. Then could i automatically adjust the the 7:30 AM time to move to the actual time that they clocked in?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please see the Administrator Guide section on Recurring Schedules for more information:
http://help.timetrex.com/index.php/Time ... _Schedules
Yajasi

Post by Yajasi »

Thanks Shaun, but I was unable to find the answer in the Administrator Guide for my question. I wondering if an employee who has been auto-punched can come into work and punch themselves. Will the system realize that the employee is punching in with an actual time and REPLACE the time that was generated with the Auto-Punch feature?

For example, if the auto-punch is set to clock them in at 7:30 AM and the employee clocks them self in at 7:23 AM, will TimeTrex show both punches or will it remove the 7:30 AM auto-punch and replace it with the 7:23 AM actual punch?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If an employee has been auto-punched, they can not punch in themselves, as that would cause a conflict.