Show Holiday Absence on Timecard

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
Yajasi

Show Holiday Absence on Timecard

Post by Yajasi »

When a person is absent, the reason for their absence is shown on their timecard. This is a very nice feature, but could it be expanded to show the name of a Holiday as the reason for the absence?

I apologize if this is already a feature, and I'm not aware of how to use it.
shaunw

Re: Show Holiday Absence on Timecard

Post by shaunw »

If the day is actually a holiday (as defined in a holiday policy) it will show the name of the holiday on the top of the schedule/timesheet, in the date column header, ie:

Dec 25
Christmas
Yajasi

Post by Yajasi »

Yes, that's true, but what I was hoping is that it could show on the Detailed PDF in the Absence Time column just like the Absence Reason shows.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, I don't understand your question, can you provide more details or an example of what you are looking for?
Yajasi

Post by Yajasi »

Sorry for making this a confusing request. Here is an employee's Timesheet:
Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 8.27.54 AM.png
And here is the PDF that they sign with their supervisor:
Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 8.22.48 AM.png
The printed copy does not indicate that Friday April 18th was a Holiday. According to the printed timecard, the employee was absent for no reason. Our employees would like to have the reason for their absence explicitly stated on the paper that they are signing. Is there anyway to get the Holiday to show on the PDF as the reason for their absence?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is no absence entered on the holiday for that employee, so it wouldn't appear on the printed timecard. Its possible that your Holiday Policy is not setup correctly, or the employee does not meet the eligibility criteria for the holiday policy.
Yajasi

Post by Yajasi »

There is no absence entered on the holiday for that employee, so it wouldn't appear on the printed timecard. Its possible that your Holiday Policy is not setup correctly, or the employee does not meet the eligibility criteria for the holiday policy.
We'd like to have the name of the Holiday show up on the printed Timecard. I gather from your response that in order to do that, we would need to create an absence policy for each Holiday of the year so that a supervisor could choose the Holiday by Name when entering the Absence.

We were hoping for a different method of getting the Name of the Holiday printed on the Timecard.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

That is correct.
Yajasi

Post by Yajasi »

That is correct.
Good, I'm glad I understand the system correctly. Does that mean that my feature request has been dropped?

We were hoping for a different method (an automated method) of getting the Name of the Holiday printed on the Timecard.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'm not aware of any plans to put the holiday name on the timesheet, without creating a separate policy for each holiday as you mentioned. Doing this would be a strict violation of one of the foundations that TimeTrex is built on.
Yajasi

Post by Yajasi »

I was hoping that the data in the [name] field in table [holidays] could be placed on the Timecard just like the [name] field in the table [absence_policy] is placed on the Timecard.

One options would be to have the [name] from the [holidays] table placed in the date column just below the date. In practice it would look just like your user interface where the [name] from the [holidays] table is placed in the blue title bar.

I know it's possible, but I understand if it violates your code foundations. Thanks anyway.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Adding the holiday name to the printable timesheet report under the date might be an option, the issue with that is that this report is extremely space sensitive, and there isn't a lot of space available to put such a label, especially when considering holidays with longer names. (ie: Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving)

Putting something at the bottom like:

01-Jul-14 = Independence Day

Might be the only option, I will add it to our request list as a future possibility.