ATTN: SHAUNW - ABSENCE POLICY

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jlim

ATTN: SHAUNW - ABSENCE POLICY

Post by jlim »

Shaunw - I'm using the DEMO site:

http://demo.timetrex.com

And I created a new user Mike Doe and I set his hire date to 2002.

Now, when I try to enter the timesheet for Mike Doe, why it is the vacation/pto policy indicates 0 available? But I select another user Tristen Braun and when I click on the ABSENCE button, there are time available for PTO. I looked at Tristen hire date and it is in 2002 as well.

Also, when editing Mike Doe and trying to make him a REGULAR EMPLOYEE, every time I save, it defaults back to ADMINISTRATOR. Why is that?

Is there a special meaning to the * besides the ABSENCE hours in the timesheet entry form?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex doesn't retroactively deposit accrual time when you add a new employee, so thats why when you created a new employee he wouldn't have an accrual time available.

Our online demonstration restricts what you can do because it is publically available, changing permissions is one of those restrictions.

The * beside an absence means that "override" is enabled, which basically means it was manually added, not something TimeTrex automatically put in place.
jlim

Post by jlim »

Shaunw - one important feature we are looking for is a strict policy enforcement. If an employee has accrued absence time, for example holiday (this is especially important), and if that day is a holiday we want it to automatically pre-filled.

However, I haven't been able to see this in action. Even when I have the holiday policy in place, I have to manually select the day and enter in 8hrs (as indicated by the *). But from what you are saying it is suppose to be automatic.

Can you outline the steps I need to perform?

What I've done is create a HOLIDAY POLICY for say MI and set a *special* company holiday on Jan 14. But the timesheet view only shows in the table column as "Mon Jan 14 (Special Company Holiday)". I still have to click on the ABSENCE button to enter the time.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you post a screenshot of your holiday policy, or at least each of the settings?

There are several factors that can cause the holidays to not apply, policy settings of course, and making changes after the fact without recalculating the employees timesheet so the new policies are applied retroactively.
jlim

Post by jlim »

shauwn - here's a listing of the policy screen. If it is more convenient, I can mail the screenshot to you if you provide me an e-mail address:

Name: US - MI
Type: Average
Default Schedule Status: Absense
Minimum Employed Days: 0
Employee Must Work at Least: 1 of the Last: 30 Days
Days to Average Time over: 1 Worked Days Only:
Minimum Time: 00:00
Maximum Time: 00:00
Always Apply Over Time Policy: (checked)
Include Over Time in Average: (unchecked)
Include Paid Absence Time in Average: (checked)
Absence Policy: Holiday
Round Policy: --
Recurring Holidays:

Actually, it appears to be working now. Except, the day before on 2/4/08, I entered 10hrs. Automatically, the absence time was shown on 2/5/08 which is how I set it. Unfortunately, it is showing 10hrs as well. How do I force it to 8hrs everytime??

I suspect it is controlled via the Holiday Policy panel above. I read through the admin guide booklet, but I still can't figure it out. Can you give an example on what the settings should be for this panel?

Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Set both the Minimum and Maximum time to 08:00.

I would also change these settings:
Employee Must Work at Least: 0 of the Last: 0 Days
Days to Average Time over: 0 Worked Days Only: No