Punch In/Out - Manually setting times

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
simes

Punch In/Out - Manually setting times

Post by simes »

In terms of the two punch in/out types, I am referring to the type where the times are manually set by the user.

It would be more convenient to have the current time entered by default, rather than the present default of 12:00 - which almost invariably needs to be updated.
shaunw

Re: Punch In/Out - Manually setting times

Post by shaunw »

If you want to enter a punch at the current time, you should probably be using, Attendance -> In/Out in the menu along the top.
simes

Post by simes »

Thanks, I see what you mean, though I still think best of all worlds would be a switch to use the current time in Timesheet > Punch in or out
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

i agree what that would make life easier
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

For quite a while now when manually entering punches TimeTrex will make an educated guess based on what has occurred over the past 1-2 weeks and and default to that time.

For example if the previous day (ie: Monday) was 8AM - 5PM, and you double click on a Out punch cell on Tuesday, it will default to 5PM. If you double clicked on a In punch cell, it would default to 8AM. This does work better if you use punch rounding. If punch times are never consistent from one day to the next it isn't very helpful.

Instead if you just click the "New" icon you aren't providing it with any additional information to go on (as no cell on the timesheet is selected), so it always defaults to a Normal In punch on the current day, and will default to the most commonly used Normal In punch time in the previous one or two weeks.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!