Complex hierarchy setup

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jmartin235

Complex hierarchy setup

Post by jmartin235 »

I am trying to setup a somewhat complex hierarchy, and I'm not sure TimeTrex can do it.

We are a call center with about 20 call reps and 8 senior staff members. Our payroll administrator is going to be at the top of the hierarchy, and should be the only person that can access and change the information for all the senior staff.

Below that is where it gets tricky. 2 of the senior staff are call center supervisors, one for day shift, one for night shift. However they both need to see all call reps, because sometimes we have Saturday shifts where any call rep can come in and either supervisor should be able to set it up, and the supervisors submit hourly timesheets to temp agencies that are for a mix of day and night shift employees.

One idea I had was to set up a dummy supervisor account that would the supervisor for all the reps, but I didn't know if there's a better to do it.

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What is the hierarchy for? Permissions, requests, timesheet authorization?

This makes a difference, because if its just for permissions then the payroll administrator doesn't need to be in the hierarchy at all. By default payroll administrators can access all employees anyways.

If I understand you correctly, the hierarchy should look something like this:

Senior Staff 1 Shared: Yes
Senior Staff 2 Shared: Yes
Call Rep 1
Call Rep 2
Call Rep 3

If only two senior staff can see the call reps, the other senior staff don't need to be in the hierarchy either. Enabling the "shared" flag is important as well, that allows both supervisors to see all call reps.
jmartin235

Post by jmartin235 »

shaunw wrote:What is the hierarchy for? Permissions, requests, timesheet authorization?

This makes a difference, because if its just for permissions then the payroll administrator doesn't need to be in the hierarchy at all. By default payroll administrators can access all employees anyways.

If I understand you correctly, the hierarchy should look something like this:

Senior Staff 1 Shared: Yes
Senior Staff 2 Shared: Yes
Call Rep 1
Call Rep 2
Call Rep 3

If only two senior staff can see the call reps, the other senior staff don't need to be in the hierarchy either. Enabling the "shared" flag is important as well, that allows both supervisors to see all call reps.
The reason that I wanted a hierarchy was for permission restriction and timesheet authorization. I now see how shared access works, and it's working the way I want it to, almost.

The supervisors will the ones creating the accounts for the call reps, however there's no place on the employee creation page to add the new employee to their hierarchy. So when the new employee is created, the supervisors don't see the employee until someone else puts that employee into their hierarchy.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, currently that is a limitation unfortunately. This should be fixed in the near future though.