Undertime Hours

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
bsarori

Undertime Hours

Post by bsarori »

I have a problem with applying "Undertime Absence Policy" in a "Schedule Policy". The schedule policy is as follows

Name => SchedulePolicy
Meal Policy =>
Undertime Absence Policy => PTO
Overtime Policy =>
Start / Stop Window => 00:00

The Absence Policy is set to

Name => PTO
Type => Dock
Withdraw from Accrual Policy =>
Pay Stub Account => Earning - Regular Time

I also so set the SchedulePolicy to the "Recurring Schedule" but no hours are docked when an employee works less than his scheduled hours. How can I configure it to appear in the pay stub report as under time hours (deduction).

Thanks,
- Bassam
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'm a little confused, your policy name is PTO which usually means "Paid Time Off", but you are trying to dock that time from their pay, so PTO doesn't make any sense.

For "docked" time to work the employee must also be on a salary.
bsarori

Post by bsarori »

Sorry for the confusion, I thought PTO meant "Personal Time Off", I think I should name it UPTO "UnPaid Time Off" then. Anyhow, all employees are on salary but still their undertime hours are not automatically docked from their salaries.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are the docked hours actually showing up as absences on the employees timesheet?
bsarori

Post by bsarori »

Yes, docks only appear on new punches not on the old ones (before I made the new absence settings).
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unless you Recalculate employee timesheets, TimeTrex doesn't apply policies retroactively, so only new punches would be docked.

So the next question is, when you generate pay stubs, are they for date ranges that cover days that actually have docked hours on them?