Better Install Manual/FAQ

Use this forum to discuss desired new features for TimeTrex
jarrett125

Better Install Manual/FAQ

Post by jarrett125 »

when I was installing this program with ubuntu 90% of the data listed in the faq or the how to install was for mostly windows os there were, however, a few guides for Linux but I also ran into issues I see that was only shown for windows and not the Linux side. what I am suggesting is that the dev's put out a windows side install guide and FAQ along with a separate Linux/UNIX install guide and FAQ. doing this I think would hep cut down on some confusion and downtime waiting on a forum reply when a first-time installer takes a stab at installing the community version and even the paid versions.
jarrett125

Re: Better Install Manual/FAQ

Post by jarrett125 »

For an example to add to my prior post. With a manual install setting up maintenance jobs that are not running. a very simple fix but took me even a little bit to remember what I had to do to fix this issue. having both the windows and the Linux how to's posted in the FAQ would be a big help to others and myself for opening system specific fixes and frequently asked questions like the problem listed above.