No earnings, employee may not have any hours for this pay period

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
arigolan

No earnings, employee may not have any hours for this pay period

Post by arigolan »

I am having a similar issue where all the entries are showing in Time Sheets, but when I try to process payroll or generate a Pay Stub, I get a failure error "No earnings, employee may not have any hours for this pay period, or their wage may not be set.

I have gone into the employee set up, and tried to enable Payment Methods, but as soon as I click the save icon, it reverts back to status: Disabled.
mikeb

Re: No earnings, employee may not have any hours for this pay period

Post by mikeb »

As far as TimeTrex is concerned, the employee doesn't have any earnings. If you go to the employees timesheet, then click the "Show Wages" icon to the right of the Date field, you should see wages appear on the timesheet. If there aren't any wages, then there is nothing to pay the employees of course.

If you aren't seeing any wages, try clicking the "Recalculate TimeSheet" icon first to see if any appear, if that doesn't work, then your policies aren't setup correct to pay the employees. The first place to start checking is likely ensure the employee has wage entries in their profile for the "Default" wage group.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
kjfejda

Post by kjfejda »

Hi,

I am also trying to process payroll for myself/Salaried employee, however the same error message pops up. Does this mean I need to enter timesheet manually for myself? If so, I have tried setting up a recurring schedule/template, however it does not apply from the employee start date for some reason. Please help!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Salaried employees must have at least 1 minute of worked time in each pay period in order to receive their salary and have a pay stub generated. So you will need to ensure that they have punches on the timesheet.