Tax Forms from Previous Quarters

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
sseawell

Tax Forms from Previous Quarters

Post by sseawell »

I am trying to go back and generate 941 tax forms from previous quarters. Is this possible? I can only figure out how to do it from the current quarter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mikeb

Re: Tax Forms from Previous Quarters

Post by mikeb »

Yes, when go to Report -> Tax Reports -> Form 941, you can simply change the Time Period to one of the "Quarter" ones, ie: "3rd Quarter (Last Year)". Alternatively you can just set it to "Custom Dates" and pick the specific start/end dates that you want, but this is more error prone.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
sseawell

Post by sseawell »

I have tried both of those things, but the 941 that actually downloads is still the current quarter. Is there something else I am missing? I have been trying to do this for about 3 hours now!
sseawell

Post by sseawell »

Just to be clear, I am looking for the actual 941s, not just the reports? Is there a way to make the previous quarter reports populate the actual 941 forms?
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Yes, the 941 form is filled out based on the dates specified in the Time Period criteria on the report, so you can go back to any date you wish.

The dates you select must match the exact dates for each quarter and cannot be more than one quarter, otherwise the form will be wrong of course. For example if you can select "Last Year" don't expect to get four separate 941 forms, you have to select each individual quarter and run the report one quarter at a time.
sseawell

Post by sseawell »

HOW is the 941 filled out from the report. I can get the reports fine--but not matter what I try it does not go to the 941 form. What are the actual steps to make that happen?
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

There isn't anything special that needs to be done, simply clicking the "View" icon in the "Form" group of icons should display the 941 form with the data from the time period that you have selected.

If you continue to have problems please attach screenshots showing each that you take and what the result is that you see.