Unable to complete installation

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
ventieldopje

Unable to complete installation

Post by ventieldopje »

I have tried to install an older version of postgresql that was oke but at the end of the installation i get always this message.
Ubuntu
Ubuntu
Ubuntu.PNG (14.11 KiB) Viewed 5561 times
I get this message at the ubuntu version and on the windows setup version. (there was no database postgresql issue).
Windows
Windows
WINDOWS.PNG (110.1 KiB) Viewed 5561 times
if i go to the homepage after this error, i come to the login screen and i can not login. because :
ERROR.PNG
ERROR.PNG (74.95 KiB) Viewed 5561 times
I use now version 10.6 as postgresql on ubuntu, the Windows setup is gone because it was a try (before i post the first problem here)

Logfile :
timetrex.log
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 308 times
mikeb

Re: Unable to complete installation

Post by mikeb »

According to the log file, the database creation step succeeded without a problem, so you are running into a different issue. I noticed several permission errors in the log file, which could be contributing to the problem. However to know for sure please turn on debugging mode as described here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89, delete your existing TimeTrex log file, delete your existing database (assuming there is no data in it) and start the install from scratch again.

If the you get the error again, please attach your TimeTrex log file and Apache/PHP error log here.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Upon further investigation, if you are not filling out *all* the fields on the "Company Information" step, it may be causing an error later on in the install process. Please make sure you complete all fields during the installation and see if that makes a difference.
ventieldopje

Post by ventieldopje »

mikeb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:02 pm Upon further investigation, if you are not filling out *all* the fields on the "Company Information" step, it may be causing an error later on in the install process. Please make sure you complete all fields during the installation and see if that makes a difference.
Problem solved, not all fields of company information are filled in . If i fill in every field it works.

Thanks for the support
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

ventieldopje wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:11 pm Problem solved, not all fields of company information are filled in . If i fill in every field it works.
Excellent, I think it was specifically related to the "City" field not being filled out, and that issue will be fixed in the next version of TimeTrex.