Basic Functionality

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
mcube

Basic Functionality

Post by mcube »

Hi,

We have excel based system for payroll. I am thinking to replace with TT. Currently we have very basic need from payroll system -

Fixed monthly salary (deduct per day salary if one is absent - no hourly system)

Couple of earning/deduction accounts which i have already set

Need to track daily timesheet with authorization hierarchy but no linking with paystub(concerned about how will i set the system for paying same monthly salary for different days in month -30 ,31 , 29, 28 etc)

Manoj
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If the employees wage is entered as a salary, TimeTrex always pays them that amount (regardless of the number of days in the month, or days that they work), unless there is overtime, or docked absence time on their timesheet.

So you will want to use a absence policy of type (Dock) for time that employees are not at work, and you want to deduct that from their pay.

TimeTrex doesn't work by days, it works by hours. So if an employee misses a day, you need figure out how many hours that would be based on the average number of hours they work each week. (ie: 40hrs/week is 8hrs/day) TimeTrex then calculates their average hourly wage and will deduct that final amount from their pay stub.
mcube

Post by mcube »

I need one more clarification please..

Besides getting base salary as wage, employee has other reoccurring earnings which are some percent of basic salary.

Say...

Base : 1000
Transport Allowance: 100 (10% of Base)

I thought of doing this via 'Recurring Pay Stub Amendment' but there seems no provision of % of base( i will need to type base amount for each employee and when basic salary changes i need to revisit the 'Recurring Pay Stub Amendment' page for that employee)

Is that the only way to include allowance which is some % of base earning?

Thanks for your support..
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Recurring PS Amendments do have Amount Type: Percent, then if your employees are on salary, you can do a Percent Of: Earning - Regular Time.

Assuming you don't have other amendments or other adjustments that affect Regular Time earnings, it will be the employees "base salary".

You can do the same thing with Tax / Deductions (even though it isn't a tax or deduction), and this method is probably preferred actually.