Weekly Pay

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
joy123

Weekly Pay

Post by joy123 »

Hello Folks,

New to Timetrex, great software so far.

We are testing at the moment, we have 3 type of employee.

1. pay by hours - hours determine by punch in/out
2. Pay weekly wages - no punch in/out required.
3. pay by sales - each sale worth 5 euro , so if they do 20 sale a week they receive 5*20 euro

I was accomplish to do number 1.

Thought number 2 would be easy, but its turn out not as simple as i thought, its always shows 0 payment. I have set weekly wages with weekly payment.

number 3 Is it possible?
joy123

Re: Weekly Pay

Post by joy123 »

shaunw

Post by shaunw »

To pay employees a fixed salary, they still must have at least 1 minute of time recorded on their timesheet.

To pay by pay sales (commission or piece work), there are multiple methods, one method is to simply enter a pay stub amendment (Payroll -> Pay Stub Amendments) for whatever amount you want to pay them.
joy123

Post by joy123 »

Thanks for your quick replay, I have added 2 punch and recalculate the time sheet but still showing as bellow... I must have misconfigure something?
After generating pay stub

I was wondering if its possible to have a custom unit and price for each unit. so I could use API to set unit which would show up in pay stab every week, so their will be no manual amendment.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Your screenshot shows $0/hr, so there aren't any earnings to generate a pay stub for. So either that employees wage record is wrong, or you need to recalculate the timesheet so the wage takes effect retroactively.

Regarding the piece rate/commission, there isn't a way to create custom units, but you can use any rate you want for "hours". So for example if you set $1/hr you could enter 100 hrs of absence time labeled "Commission" to pay the employee $100. Its still manual entry of course though.
joy123

Post by joy123 »

Thanks, I found the problem was in "pay formula". After set to pay+premium, I can see hourly rate is ok. For hours it's calculated 4*16.25.

That's get me into the issue where I selected employee will not required punch in/out. I thought this employee will not need to punch in to get 650 weekly wages. Is there any way to do that?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you want to pay an employee without them having to punch in/out, you can use Pay Stub Amendments, or Tax/Deductions instead.
joy123

Post by joy123 »

Thanks, that's a good idea.
joy123

Post by joy123 »

One more question about Wages:

Sales Department, all our employees paid by hours or commission, whichever greater.

So employee A:
Monday, Tuesday shift, hourly wages is 200 euro/shift, but his commission calculated 250/shift, we pay him 250*2=500
Wednesday- Friday, hourly wages is 200/shift and commission calculated 100/shift. We pay him 200*3=600 euro.

Is there any policy I can use to decide which one is greater so wages can be calculated based on that policy? Thanks in advance.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Functionality such as that would get into custom formulas which is only available in paid editions of TimeTrex.
joy123

Post by joy123 »

Thanks again for the help