Passwords do not work after upgrade

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
fvteamsports

Passwords do not work after upgrade

Post by fvteamsports »

I'm running Timetrex 11x on Ubuntu server 18. Works great and I decided I wanted to get rid of the Red warning saying I need to upgrade. So I downloaded the current Timetrex (12x) deb file and installed it the following way:
*Double clicked on it and the deb installer successfully installed it.
*Went to chrome and was able to install it (all successfully)
*Went to log in and, see that it did say version 12x, but now and no one can log in, all passwords invalid.

I have successfully upgraded in the past and I'm not sure what I'm missing? Do I need to do anything with the timtrex_database.sql or the timetrex.ini.php ?

Thank you.
fvteamsports

Re: Passwords do not work after upgrade

Post by fvteamsports »

I was able to fix this by changing the timetrex.ini.php to the original file before the upgrade.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Normally TimeTrex will automatically upgrade itself and you don't need use the .DEB file after the initial installation.
fvteamsports

Post by fvteamsports »

Is there a setting for that somewhere? I guess I don't mind manually upgrading especially if it might create a problem with passwords during operating hours. I'm using virtual box also.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Auto upgrades are enabled by default and would not cause any problems with passwords. If the auto upgrade failed for some reason normally you would have seen an error message at the top of your screen when logged into TimeTrex stating such. However it really depends on what version of TimeTrex you were running originally as well.

The issue you had with the passwords was likely related to how you upgraded TimeTrex from the .DEB file, the auto upgrade system is much smarter than using .DEB files as it has a lot more information to base its decisions on.
fvteamsports

Post by fvteamsports »

I was using version 11.5, now 12.7.3 . I got a red warning across the top, like when a pay period isn't closed, saying timetrex is out of date and calculation could be incorrect, update immediately.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, v11.5 is extremely old, its possible the auto-upgrade system couldn't perform the upgrade for some reason and eventually gave up years ago.