Maintenance Jobs Not Running

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
macbeth

Maintenance Jobs Not Running

Post by macbeth »

Hi! My maintenance jobs haven't run since Feb 20/11, but normally I would get an error message saying that they hadn't run in the past 48 hrs which I haven't. Where should I start looking? Thank you!
macbeth

Re: Maintenance Jobs Not Running

Post by macbeth »

I can't even run them manually through task manager by clicking run.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Using version 3.4.0
Windows Vista
Attached log file
Didn't do anything that I know of to cause this, it was working fine so I assumed it was working and was surprised to see they hadn't run since Feb 20.
Attachments
timetrex.log
(51.1 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Check your Windows Scheduled Tasks and make sure the TimeTrex Maintenance entry is still there and running properly.
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

It is still there and I can run it when I click "run", but it won't run on the schedule. I changed the trigger to today's date and selected run once at 12:53pm, then every 1 minute thereafter.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sounds like its been modified, or there is a problem with your Windows installation. If you upgrade to the latest version of TimeTrex the automated installer will automatically re-create the maintenance job for you with the proper settings.
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Ran the new update but still have the same problem. Everything looks right in the task scheduler. Should I just create a new scheduled job?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please post screenshots of your scheduled task properties, and the last status code.
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

This is what displays in the task scheduler history since I changed the trigger to today's dat.
Attachments
tt1.jpg
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

oooops....before I changed the trigger date
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

So it says the task failed to start, please post a screenshot with the details of the last failed to start history item. Also include a screenshot of each tab.
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

here goes:
Attachments
tt2.jpg
tt2.jpg
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Attachments
tt3.jpg
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Attachments
tt4.jpg
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Attachments
tt5.jpg
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Attachments
tt6.jpg
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Attachments
tt7.jpg
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

like I said, though, I changed the trigger time to today's date and now I don't get any error messages in the task scheduler history...it will only run if I click on "run"
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You're not getting any error messages, but is that because you've modified the settings and caused the task to not run anymore?

If thats the case then you will need to change your settings back, or upgrade TimeTrex again so the installer re-creates the task for you.
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

I ran the upgrade again and it didn't change anything
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its possible that since you modified the scheduled task that the installer no longer has permissions to re-create it. Try deleting the scheduled task and installing again.
macbeth

Post by macbeth »

Let me start by saying anytime I have a problem the first thing I do is restart my pc. With that being said, the power went out for a couple of hours and when it came back on the maintenance jobs started running again :mrgreen: ! I do have a concern, though, why didn't I originally get a message saying that they hadn't run for the past 48 hours?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I wish I could tell you, if the power went out there could be all sorts of different reasons.
retched

Post by retched »

I have a suggestion, try the following:

Under Triggers, make sure that it is scheduled to run every 1 minute at a certain time in the past.

Under Actions, write out the full path to the executable php-win.exe (also make sure that this path is also listed in your System Variables. You can check this by running a command prompt window and type PATH and then enter. If you see a directory to PHP (either from the installer or your own installation of the webserver, you're fine.)

Under Conditions, make sure nothing is enabled under Idle, Power, or Network. (It's ok if there is a greyed out check box that you can't select.)

Under Settings, this is important, make sure the option "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed" is selected. Also make sure the option "If the task is already running, ..." reads "Stop the existing instance."

Under General, Make sure the options : Run whether the user is logged in or not is selected, should also choose not to save the password, and the check box "Run with the highest privileges" is selected.

Then after checking all of the above, save it. Then make sure it can run, right click on it and choose "Run". Wait about a minute or two. If you go back and you notice that the program isn't updating the run time. Go back and change the trigger from 1 minute to 5 minutes. Making sure that all of the above are enabled.

This worked for me after trying to figure out why the scheduled tasks wouldn't run but the command prompt could.